This year, having assisted on the last issue of Youth Drama Ireland, I have had the daunting task of trying to fill the rather impressive, stylish shoes of Fíona Ni Chinnéide, who left her position as editor of the publication.
Finally (thanks to the advice and patience of the outgoing editor), the 11th issue of Youth Drama Ireland will be making its way to a youth theatre near you very soon. Thanks to everyone who contributed articles, photographs, round-up information etc, this year’s edition will be jam-packed with interviews, articles, workshops and information relevant to the youth theatre sector.
As well as regular features, like the youth theatre round-up, new writing reviews, practical book reviews, highlights in this edition will include:
- a feature on the Centre Stage +10 report, which is due to be launched on 20th May
- Róise Goan (Director of Dublin Fringe Festival) in conversation with Dirk Pauwels of Campo-Victoria about his company’s trilogy of work with young people;
- Geraldine O’Neill interviewing award-winning Irish actress, Eileen Walsh;
- features on last year’s National Youth Theatre production of A Midsummer Night’s Dream, and NAYD’s New Stage Festivals;
- a selection of the practical workshops that young people experienced during the New Stage Festivals.
Youth Drama Ireland will be available in the next month and we would love to hear any feedback you have on the issue. Get in touch and let us know what’s useful, what you would like to see more of and any other thoughts you have on the issue!
You can send me an email or phone 01-8781301.